Office Hours 8am - 5pm (Monday-Friday)
Birth, Death, Marriage Records
$15.00 for each certified copy, $6.00 for 2nd copy issued at same time.
Information from vital records is open to the public 100 years from the date of the event.
Individuals who may access vital records less than 100 years old include:
- The person named on the record
- The person’s spouse or registered domestic partner with proof
- The parent(s) named on the record
- Descendants of the person named on the record
- Registrant’s legal custodian, guardian, conservator or respective authorized representative with proof
(includes attorney, physician or funeral director)
- Genealogists who have a Maine CDC issued researcher identification card.
Proof of identity must also be presented to the municipal/city clerk or state Vital Records Office staff.
(click here) for the proof of identy and application for certificate form.
An Application for securing a copy of the vital record must be filled out and presented, along with positive
Identification that clearly shows that the person requesting the record is who they say they are.
Identification requirements apply whether the records are requested in person or by mail.
19 Danforth Street
Norway ME 04268
Winter Parking ban is now in effect. From November 15th to April 15th it is unlawful to park any vehicle on any street or road in the Town of Norway for a period longer than two hours between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am.
When snow removal is in progress it shall be unlawful to park any vehicle for any amount of time.
Offending vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense.
It is unlawful to leave any snow on a public way that did not accumulate naturally.
Chief of Police